Monday 24 August 2009

Only another week to go...

... and I start my new job.

I can't believe that I have been out of work for just over a year and I start my new job next Wednesday. I must admit I have enjoyed being home, especially for the first 6 months, but since Christmas I think the novelty has been wearing off, not to say that the finances have also taken a bit of a battering. However I have a lot to be grateful for:

I haven't starved, I've managed to keep on top of all my bills, kept my car on the road, clothed myself, and still managed to indulge myself with craft goodies, although I have been good and only bought things I need rather than buy for the sake of buying.

I've had plenty of time to meet with friends socially, regular crafting sessions on a Wednesday at Oyster Stamps and most importantly I have been able to spend more time with Kaity, having her staying over occasionally mid-week, or keeping her company on a Friday when Brad works from home. I know that I will miss these special times (although I will always be on hand evenings and weekends for babysitting) and generally being able to do what I want when I want to. Now that is all going to change and I must admit I do have mixed feelings. How am I going to fit everything in ? Housework, shopping washing, ironing, Crafting? I think Id better start getting myself organised now.

Before I do, I would like to showcase sketch 28 that I have completed for Inspired Blueprints.

I have been meaning to use the photos of myself for a while now and when I got Kaity a Rocking Horse, I tried to get her in a similar pose. The pictures of the chair are even more significant, as I have the exact chair in the conservatory, (I believe it was my Great Gran's, I discovered a picture of her in it, which I will have to use in a layout) Kaity loves to sit in it, but she always takes the cushions off first. The picture of Kaity in the chair was taken on her 2nd Birthday party which was held in my garden. The one of me ( I think I was about the same age) was taken in my Grandparents garden in Chelsfield.

Happy memories!

No comments: