A couple of weeks ago. I purchased a manikin from a boot fair, to the amazement of a friend of mine who wondered what I was going to do with it. I had this sudden wave of inspiration that I could use her as a piece of altered art.
My first attempts didn't go quite as I had first planned, so I took it all apart to start again. I covered her with torn book pages, and then used flowers cut from paper serviettes, once this was completed, I left her alone for a few days to see if I could come up with something else to do with her.
A crafting friend came yesterday and remarked on what I had done I mentioned that I wasn't sure what to do next. I was considering incorporating a clock but was reluctant to try, so we decided to take the bull by the horns and give it a go and it worked We played with Glimmer mist sprays, UTEE in the melt pot, alcohol inks, Stazon ink pads, peel offs, flowers, Stickles, you name it we used it. The final touch I completed last night, using some clock stamps and words which I think finishes her off nicely.
I'm very pleased with the finished result, I'd like to know what you all think.
By the way she is a working clock.