Monday 4 May 2009

Saturday challenge

Although I have been driving for quite a while now I don't like motorway driving and I avoid them as much as possible, but I had decided to visit Pickleberry Papercrafts who opened their doors for the first time on Saturday. So I made the effort to conquer my apprehension, and I did it, nothing to it, although on for my return journey I did travel home via the A2.

I was made to feel most welcome at Pickleberry and met with some old friends and made new ones. The first thing I saw were the mouth watering cup cakes so I just had to take a picture and then sample them Mmm! Oh and the Bucks Fizz and Champagne which was on offer.

Of course you can't visit a craft shop and not buy anything, I was quite good as you can see. I fell in love with the sticker sheet and aren't the Sassfraslass papers gorgeous, I adore the owl isn't he lovely?

All customers were given the opportunity to take part in a make and take, and were provided with endless cups of coffee and tea. I was also able to sit and scrap, so I made the most of the chance, I decided to do yet another sketch provided by Inspired Blueprints, Which I completed yesterday.

Thank you Kate and Jan for making me feel welcome I had a lovely day.

I used the Creative Imaginations Christine Adolph Tidepool range in my layout. The chest in the photograph is raised on 3d foam pads to give dimension. I also did the same with the smaller ones. The title is cut on the Cricut using the Life is a Beach Cartridge, and cut it out on thin metal using the deep cut blade, although I did have to re-cut by hand as I didn't want to to ruin the blade or the title. I also used thin strips of metal around the edge of the main photo to give it a lift.

2 comments:

Niki said...

Hi Sue, It was great to meet you. Wasn't it great at Pickleberry, I had a great time there, shopping, chatting to everyone, shopping, meeting people from UKS, shopping,eating those yummy cupckaes, shopping, doing the make and take, oh and shopping.LOL. I love that owl paper you bought, I didn't see that there. An excuse to go back and buy it i think!
Well done on driving there. Hope to see you there again.

Jan said...

Come on Sue update your blog as you can now tell everyone that you have done the motorway journey again BOTH ways, way to go girl. I am so proud of you.