Friday 8 April 2011

At last

I have been successful at an interview, I start my new job on the 26th April . I can't believe that I have been out of work (apart from 7 weeks over Christmas) since July 2008. Its been tough! The first 6 months were fine but the honeymoon period soon wore off and as from the beginning of 2009 I have been actively looking for work. I've lost count of the number of applications I've sent off and interviews I have attended, plus the rejections I have received.
I've had my highs and more recently lows to such an extent that I have decided to put my bungalow up for sale with the plan of going mortgage free, a big decision but one which deep down I know is right. The difficulty is finding a place which is right for me ... with a limited budget. It has to tick a lot of boxes, but like my job search I know something will turn up at the right time. 

Even though finances have been tight in the last few months I have been determined to keep on scrapbooking I have participated regularly with the sketch challenges from Inspired Blueprints I submitted this layout for the design team call although I wasn't successful (the talent of the DT selected is outstanding) I will try again when the call comes again.

Recently I have shared my passion with some of the older members of  Pip & Jims Church where 12 ladies completed a simple layout depicting a Psalm or Bible verse. It certainly gave them something to talk about and something that I hope to continue.

I have also been busy bringing  Kaity's album. Here are some of the most recent ones I apologise for the quality of the pictures the photos were taken after I put them into the album sleeves. I am now working on Charis's album, plenty of catch up to do.



4 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats on the job news Sue :)
Love the Royal layout!

Scrappy~Sarah said...

great los, all the best with the job

Claire said...

lovely pages.
C
xx

salamanda said...

congratulations on the new job, some lovely los