Saturday 6 June 2009

Was it only last week...

that Kaity went home to her Mummy and Daddy. She had stayed with me for 4 nights while Brad and Esther had a mini-break (although it was a working one for Brad) in Scotland.

Kaity had been so good and I really enjoyed her company, even though she had gone to nursery for 2 of the days, we still managed to have a lot of fun. On the Friday I decided to take her to the Dickens Festival held in Rochester, she was very excited especially as I managed to dress her up in a long skirt and a frilly t-shirt, I tried to make her an apron without success as I'm no needle-woman, but she was quite happy with her outfit. However one of the exhibitions gave us the chance to try on recreated costumes of the Victorian period, although I couldn't find anything to fit me (people must have been alot skinnier in the 18th Century) I managed to find an apron and hat for Kaity. I changed the photos to sepia as I wanted to make use of some of my Graphic 45 papers also I felt that it was more in keeping with the period, I'm pleased with the finished layout.


In contrast I used this picture of her taken at the begining of last month, at a family day, I'm not sure what she was up to but I just love the expression on her face. For this layout I used this months Sketch from Inspired Blueprints I chose to use papers from the Magenta range.

1 comment:

Sophie D said...

Hello,
My name is Sophie and I live in Paris. I've just found you blog and I must say I love it, especially the pages posted in June 6. I do a bit of scrapbooking myself. I love making mini photo albums. You can visit my blog if you are interested.
Take care,
sophie