Sunday 15 February 2009

Imaginisce

I have been working on a couple of layouts using papers from the Imaginisce range, they are really beautiful, ideal for all the little princesses in your life. Which is why I just had to use them with pictures of my Grand-daughter taken on my Nikon D40 camera.

The picture on Dream was taken on my birthday last year at the Rare Breeds Centre in Kent, and I was just getting used to the camera. I like the slight fuzzy effect of the picture and feel that it goes well with the papers. I had an idea of creating a 'glass coach' and cut it out of acetate using the Happy Ever After cartridge,on the Cricut Expressions. The Princess was embossed onto acetate using the Cuttlebug, this gave a nice white raised edge to the image, I then coloured it on the reverse using Saura Gel pens. The frame was cut out using a plastic template.

Sugar and Spice was created with a larger picture in mind. Kaity was so pleased that she was wearing her Snow White dress, which was made by her Granny Jane, it really is a lovely costume. I just love the photo, and used the blue of Kaitlyn's eyes and hair-slide to accent the layout. I then hand cut the flowers from one of the papers to create a small focal point without losing the impact of the picture.

1 comment:

Autumn Rose Crafts said...

Lovely, I love how you have used the small flowers to embellish and soften the frame, works really well... well done Sarah x